Monday, August 16, 2010

miscellany monday :)

Today I'm linking up with carissa's miscellany monday with all my random events that are happening!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. I'm 32 weeks, only 8 more to go! woohoo! {hopefully less than 8 weeks, I'm not too excited about going into labor after my due date!}
2. my favorite pens. they are papermate flair marker pens. I love them and I am in need of some more, I plan on going to get some new ones this week! I use them mainly to write in my planner, but they are so colorful and they don't bleed through paper. aahhh-mazing! :)
3. school is in session! Today was the first day of school where I work {even though I wasn't even there today, I had to call in sick... blah blah blah}. I am a K2 preschool teacher, and there is no more water days. These are a bunch of the kids in my class enjoying water day last week. We are officially out with the summer schedule and in with the school schedule!
4. flash flood... turn around and don't drown! On Friday, we were on our way out the door, and it started pouring down rain! Our power went out and we weren't even able to leave our apartment because the entrances to our apartment gets flooded really easily. When the rain calmed down we were able to leave and meet our friends for dinner, but this is what we came home too! If you can't tell, the brown line was the flood line, we live on a small hill and the water was about 4 feet up the hill. You can see the debris line from where the water was! It was so crazy! I felt like we were having a hurricane coming through!
5. new blog design. If you haven't already seen it, I made a new blog design! I absolutely love it!! I designed the header myself, and I finally learned how to make myself a button with a grab box! What do you think?? Also, please feel free to grab my button and add it to your collection!

hilary surratt

6. weekend full of baby showers. I attended two baby showers on Saturday and they were both really fun! When you are pregnant, you get to know a lot of pregnant ladies! haha, at Jessica's shower there were 5 of us there that were pregnant! My due date is just a few days ahead of Jessica, even though, I'm sure she'll deliver before me... this is her 2nd baby boy on the way!

Jenna, Jessica, Katie, & me {Jess Ray... you left right before we took this!}


I'm so glad we got this picture on Saturday, because today Whitney had her baby!!!!!!
Gemma Lane Randall was born tonight weighing in at 7 lbs 7 ozs 20.5 inches long
I plan on going to visit with her tomorrow. I am just too excited for her and can't wait to love on sweet baby Gemma! Gemma and MC will be best buds! :)

Courtney's baby shower... Whitney, Abbey, Courtney, & me
tomorrow my sweet small group friends are throwing me a baby shower and I am just so excited! I can't wait! My friend April keeps telling me how excited she is because her and Sara have so much stuff planned! ahhh..... I can't wait! Let's celebrate maggie claire!

3 comments:

Veronika said...

Hi! Found your blog through Miscellany Monday. What a bunch of cute pictures of all the baby bellies at the showers! How fun and exciting to know your baby will have several playmates! :)
Congrats on the baby girl on the way. Cute blog!

~Veronika

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Visiting via MM - pink's my favorite color which is why I clicked through. :) LOVE the idea of the plate to mark the weeks! So clever!

LeAnna said...

Blog hopped here from Anna Baurs blog. Congrats on your little girl, I'm just two weeks behind you (with baby #2), also a girl! I'm so stinkin' excited! I had my son in January, and this being pregnant in the heat of summer stuff is kicking me in the hiney!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...