Tuesday, March 29, 2011

her name

Our sweet Maggie Claire.

After knowing her for these 5 {almost 6!} months, her name fits her perfect and no other name could be hers! When I found out I was pregnant, I had a feeling it was going to be a girl. I don't know why... but I guess it was my first instinct. I REALLY wanted a girl, but then I also would have loved to of had a boy. I had a girl name picked out, and I just knew we were going to have a Maggie Claire.

This is my story. in June 2009 I was talking with some of my friends at a party and baby names came up. {At this point I was still in school and had no intentions of getting pregnant ANYTIME soon.} I told one of my best friends that I liked the name Maggie and she just started freaking out. It went something like this: "Oh Hilary, you have to have a baby so you can name her Maggie and she will be running around with curly blonde hair and look just like you!" She kept bringing it up the entire night telling me how perfect that name would be. Ever since then, I just knew I was going to have a baby girl and name her Maggie. Her middle name came a little later. I had a few middle names in my mind. I liked Maggie Kate but I just wasn't feeling it after a while. There was just something about Maggie Claire that I just loved. I loved the fact that her name rhymed with my name, Hilary Blaire. It was just a feeling of complete peace in my heart and mind. That was going to be her name. After I surprisingly got pregnant in January 2010, I started looking up baby name meanings and when I looked up Maggie Claire, It was absolutely perfect.


Maggie means child of Light and Claire means bright and illuminating.


My prayer during my pregnancy and still is today, is that Maggie Claire will be a light unto the world. I know that her joyful personality is just that. Even at such an early age of almost 6 months, she already brings joy to so many peoples lives! I couldn't be more proud. We love our sweet little Maggie Claire and if you haven't met her, when you do she will light up your life. be She sure does mine!



"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16


2 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

beautiful post....beautiful name...for an absolutely beautiful little girl.

Dena said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the painting!!!

and Maggie Claire is precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...