Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm 6 weeks old today!

Six weeks. Wow. I can't believe that it's already been that long! It feels like just yesterday I was holding you in the recovery room after delivery.

Today, Maggie Claire, you are six weeks old. You are a joy to be around and I thank God everyday for blessing us with YOU! You are such a wonderful baby, and you are doing great with everything! You like to eat and sleep, as I've said before, and you are still loving to take a bath! I can't wait to take you to the pool next summer- I know you will just LOVE it!!! I gave you a bath this morning, and afterwards I just held you and just wanted to smell that sweet head of yours that I just washed in Baby Magic. :)

You are smiling a lot more, and I took this sweet picture of you yesterday and you just kept smiling and laughing at me. I love all of your coos and grunts that you make. You will be talking my ear off befor you know it!
You don't mind other people holding you, and you like to sit with dad and while he watches tv and you just stare at the ceiling or other things around you. I left you in the nursery last weekend for the first time, you slept in your carseat until I came to feed you, and then some of the nursery ladies loved on you when I went back in to response time with your daddy.

You are slowing losing all of your baby hair, but you still have some in the back & on top of your head. I just wonder what kind of hair you will have when it starts growing back in!
{hopefully curly blonde like your mommy. hehe}
You really like your paci and I just got you a new cute paci holder, so now you are really styling! :) I like to dress you in black & pink alot, especially those black leggings. They look too cute on you!
I pray over you all day long, and I know God has big things in store for your life!

"For this child we have prayed... "
1 Samuel 1:27a

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is the sweetest thing ever.
i almost cried reading it.
she is so lucky to have you as a mommy :)

and i'm just dying to hold your sweet baby girl.

love you and miss you!

Paige said...

First off, you are a wonderful Mother and I just adore how you can feel the love you have her through the words in your blog. Isn't the new baby smell just the most wonderful thing, ever? Ah. How I miss those days!

Happy 6 weeks MC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...