Thursday, October 21, 2010

2 weeks

Happy 2 week birthday to my little sweetie pie,
Maggie Claire!

MC has been doing great nursing, and I am constantly working on giving her a full feeding so she will be stay full until the next feeding time, and she actually loves to eat- and I am so thankful! She pees and poops a lot and I am also thankful for that too! :) Yesterday we moved her up to a size 1 diaper- and it actually worked out perfect because we ran out of newborn diapers just in time for her to move up! I can't wait until her next doctors appointment on Tuesday to see how much she weighs, I can already tell she is gaining weight and changing so much!

These two weeks have been very exciting, and we are definitely trying to still figure everything out. It's been challenging but I am so thankful for friends and family helping with everything! We are trying to get Maggie Claire in a routine, which has been challenging but I just keep praying that we will make the right choices, and for the Lord to give us peace about any challenges that we encounter. We started her on a feed, wake, sleep cycle, sometimes its good, others... not so much, but we are still working through it!
It was a great day today, and since it has been 2 weeks after my surgery, I am now allowed to drive again. YAY! so our first outing.... of course was a trip to Target, and possibly a drive through to sonic for me to get a raspberry sweet tea! two of my favorite things!
Of course, while we were at Target I was just taking my sweet time... browsing through the clearance racks.... I snagged 2 new shirts for under $10 each. Gotta love Target clearance! Then I went checking out the shoes. I found these, and now I know what I want for my birthday!! Aren't these just the cutest things ever? I'm in love with the pink roses on top and I know they are screaming my name! hehe. :)
{FYI: they have them in black too!}
It was so nice to finally get out of the house, and MC slept the entire time we were out, so that was nice! Tomorrow is Friday, which means, Mike is off work, which means, family day! So excited- I am going to look forward to Fridays so much more now because we get to spend Fridays together- Love it! :)

2 comments:

carissa said...

hilary! you are doing an amazing job! it's so nice to finally get out of the house. : ) you need those shoes. maggie claire is sooo beautiful... savor every second. fridays are our family days too; they're my favorite!

Kelly said...

I forget how I linked to your blog but I just wanted to say congratulations on your beautiful baby girl's birth! Enjoy these precious moments...they go way too quickly. I know it doesn't feel like that when you're getting little to no sleep but the next stage will be here before you know it :) I look forward to reading your updates!!
xoxo, Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...