Monday, January 11, 2010

for the love of cupcakes!

I absolutely love love love anything that has to do with cupcakes, if I could choose I would drive the car that's in Charleston with the huge cupcake on top! (from the cupcake store)
well, I just thought that I would share with everyone the adorable cupcake decorations that I found at Target! Well, my mom actually had these blue towels waiting for me when I came to her house the other day....
I was so excited because the Target here in N. Charleston didn't have these... or they hadn't put them out yet. so my mom said, "Well, we have got to go to Target so you can see all the other cupcake stuff that they have!!!"
See, you guys know what section I'm talking about.... the one that is conveniently displayed right when you walk in that has all the $1 or $2.50 seasonal stuff!!!
That is what I love the most. I could go to Target everyday and be perfectly happy.
i love target!!
I was able to get the little pot holder set, that you see one of, hanging on the wall!
(They came in a 2 pack for $2.50)
I brought my LOVE dishes out to set up for decorations (which also came from target... I looked at the box and they are from 2004)
I think my grandma bought them or something....
I also wanted to add more hooks for all my aprons. I rarely wear them, because I forget to put them on, but I do love them! So, they are displayed so cute! :)
Then to the table decor...
I remembered from a while back that I bought these Valentines cups (target) when Mike and I were engaged, I thought they were so cute.

I filled them with tissue paper and stuck a straw in them to make them look like they have some sort of yummy drink in them!
Then my favorite.... this cupcake rug was only $2.50! I was so excited!!!
The best part about my trip to target was that I had a Target gift card left over from a Christmas gift, that I was able to use to purchase these few lovely things. I was super excited to start decorating for Valentines day with pretty things such as cupcakes!!

I will most likely keep some of the cupcake stuff out yearly because I could have a sweets theme going on in my kitchen!

The last thing I wanted to share with everyone was this new cupcake book that Christina got me when I came to visit!! It's called Hello, Cupcake!
It has the cutest ideas on how to make different cupcakes & ways to ice them only using a ziploc bag!!! It's amazing! I have it displayed with all my other dishes & decor. Those little cupcake doggies on the front of the book are just so cute(and I'm not a big animal fan). I transferred all the candy we have into my biggest candy jar, I could not believe that we actually filled it!
{People always give us candy and we hardly can ever eat all of it!}
I replaced all of the other bowls in the house with pretty fruit that we are eating in place of sweets for the Daniel Fast that we are on! (so far, so good)
I am so excited about being on this fast. I feel that God is going to do something huge in my life while I'm on it. I'm praying more daily about specific things, and I was thinking today, "why don't I pray this much all the time?!?!?"
I'm trying to not think and worry about things so much, and just pray....
and
God is so good!
My life right now is kind of in a weird stage for me because of how much change is going to happen this year. I've just graduated from college, and I'm not really sure what God has in store for me next. I feel like it is going to be something so big, but I'm not quite sure what it is. That is why I'm praying. I'm so much of a planner, that I normally know what is going on at all times. I like to have every minute planned out so that I know what I have to do.
I don't feel that way though, I'm feeling so relieved and not so much worried about what I have to do during the day, but what He's going to do with me everyday.
I guess I'll just say
He's got my back. :)

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hey Hilary, we are doing the daniel fast here at South Bay Church too! we just started today, but I'm excited. I've done one before (40 days instead of 21), and it's good, but hard! Do you have any good recipes? When we did this before, I struggled, I feel a little better now but still struggle with ideas with such limited food sources! :)

P.S. I lOVE the cupcake decor - It reminds me of a vintage kitchen - which is my dream kitchen. Have you ever been to sugar bakeshop on cannon? If you haven't, you must go! Prettiest decor, and they even put their cupcakes out on little cake plates and all. I love the mint green milkglass one they have!

carissa said...

cute cupcakes and such great prices!!! being finished with school and the changes that that brings is definitely a big adjustment. it is a weird but good place. really, you have endless possibilities at this point. and with God as your guide, you can have peace the whole journey through! you are so talented at a million things, i know you will do well with anything!

felicia said...

it's all soooo cute!!!! I've got to introduce you to my friend Katie, she is a major cupcake lover too and really wants some good recipes! I'll hook y'all up in facebook!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...