Saturday, January 23, 2010

an eventful friday

Today was such an eventful day!

Here's how it went:
*Woke up not being able to breath out of my nose. YUCK!
*Took a shower, which made me feel so much better
*Started cleaning up the kitchen & started the laundry
*Decided it was lunchtime
*Mashed potatoes, greenbeans, & pineapple {Daniel Fast}
*Mike is making us fruit smoothies to drink
*Peeled the potatoes & put the peelies in the disposal
*The disposal got clogged!!!! THE WATER STARTED TO BUBBLE {not going down} AND LITTLE PARTICLES WERE ALL FLOATING IN THE WATER! gross.
*Mike tries to unclog it with his hand.... doesn't work
*then a hanger..... didn't work
* we used the other side of the sink to rinse all our dishes...
*Made mashed potatoes in my NEW kitchenaid stand mixer!!!!
*Played Mike on our new nintendo Wii that we got yesterday!!!! {Mike had best buy gift cards from Christmas!}
*Then we went for a bike ride & I about died!!! My legs were like jello when I got off the bike and I was so worn out! I meant to drive the route that we biked, and I know it's at least 2 miles; we were in this neighborhood down the street that has a lot of hills!!! (Picture above is me after the bikeride!)

After all of that, we called our apartment clubhouse and put in a work order to get our disposal fixed. When I was at work, the guy came & fixed{unclogged} it. Mike said it was the funny guy. He looks just like Chris Farley! I see him driving on the golf cart everyday around our apt & I laugh every time! The best thing about living in an apartment is that we have maintenance guys to come and fix our household repairs!!! AHH-MAZING!

***Other great news is that in 2 weeks I have lost 5 pounds! Mike and I are being more active, working out, going on bike rides, playing tennis, & being active on the wii this year! We are both entered in this Biggest Loser competition to help raise money for an orphan school in Kenya called Christ's Gift Academy. There is no way that we would be able to win because some people are losing A LOT of weight, but it gives me a goal to work for to lose weight! I set my goal to lose 15 pounds, so I only have 10 more to go! I would have to lose 12 more pounds to be at my "wedding weight", which is also another goal to go for! {getting married made me a little lazy & I hardly ever worked out} I've probably just lost these 5 pounds from not drinking so much sweet tea like I normally do every day, because being on the fast, I have given up sweet tea. It's so hard too because at work the lunch lady always makes pitchers of sweet tea for all the teachers!!! SO tempting!

Here's to a fun & busy day and feeling good to be fit!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I never thought about mashing potatoes in the mixer!! My dad makes some reallllly good ones, but everytime I try to replicate them, I mash for a good 15 minutes & they're still chunky. Which mixer attachment did you use? And what speed?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...