Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Welcome to June!

- First of all, I just got done with my maymester class! (I got an A!) It was a great class, and I had a lot of fun! Now, just for the records, I have only one more semester, and I'm graduating in December! It's 191 days away!!!!! ijustcantevenwait! :)

- ELEVATION! This is the summer camp that Seacoast has done for many years, and this is my second time going as a leader, we leave next Wednesday, June 10 and we will be there until Sunday the 14th! I'm looking forward to the trip, I have the 7th grade LP girls! We haven't came up with a good name for our group yet, my creativity hasn't come out in me yet! I'm still working on it!

- As soon as we get back from Elevation, 5 days later it's MISSIONS TRIP time! This is the first missions trip that Mike and I are going on together, and we are very excited to help lead this trip! We are taking a group of students to Guatemala, and we have been having meetings for the past few months getting ready for this trip. At our meeting today we worked on some dramas to perform at schools and orphanages, and the students did great learning them!

- Well, I always know it's officially summer when I start working full-time at the school. My group this year is 2nd-4th grade. Every week we have a different theme and we do different crafts, activities and games that relate to the theme! This week was "eye spy" week, we did a scavenger hunt, made magnifying glasses, and kaleidoscopes. Tomorrow we are going to Chuck E. Cheese (I love the pizza)! It should be fun! Starting next week we will be going to the waterpark 3 times a week! It is going to be awesome! I will be getting sun, and getting paid for it! It's really fun, and the kids love it! (Oh, and after doing this 3 times a week, I'm a suncsreen expert of putting it on kids! haha) Also, each age group goes on another field trip once a week other than the water park, so we are gone 4 out of the 5 days of the week! It makes work go by fast!

- One other special event that happened these past 2 weeks was my little brother Jacoby's high school graduation! It was also Mike's sister Brittainy's graduation too! We went to the senior drive through and made posters, then to the senior breakfast, and senior chapel! It was a weekend full of events! Here are some pictures:





-My little stepsister Katelyn graduated from the 5th grade last week too, they had a special ceremony, and it was very sweet, I can't believe she is going to be in Middle School! She got most athletic girl in her class, and I was very proud of her! She is so cute! Here's a couple pictures:







- This weekend is Allison's wedding and I am very excited for her and AJ. Allison and I have known each other since we can remember, and we became really good friends in High School! Her and AJ are getting married this Saturday at Old Santee Canal State Park! It is going to be such a fun wedding, and It is all about Allison, and I love that! Anything to make her day more special is all I care about! Here is a picture from this past weekend, it was Allison's "bachelorette" weekend, and we did spa stuff at Allison's new apt and here are the results, I'm the one with the "chocolate face" in the middle, the rest of the girls, except for Alexa on the end have "pink" faces, they just look like the got sunburned really bad.


- This next thing I have saved for last, because it is such a sensitive subject! One of my very best friend's in the whole wide world, Christina is moving! It has all just happened really fast, but I am very happy for her and Kevin moving back to Tulsa! They are leaving On Tuesday, after Allison and AJ's weekend wedding. I don't think it has hit me yet, because I have been spending just about every day with her, getting as much time in as I can with them before they leave. I'll post more about them leaving later (I'm tearing up just thinking about it)....


This is me, Michelle(with a crazy face), and Christina at Fonduely Yours, with our chocolate pot! It was so good! :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love all the pictures! I am going to miss everyone so much!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...