Tuesday, May 5, 2009

a joyful ending

So I just wanted to let everyone know that I passed my World Literature class, and it feels so great! This class has been the biggest struggle of my college career. Here's the past behind it: I started out my freshman year of college at Trident Tech. I really liked going there, it was a lot different than going to Northwood Academy all 13 years of going to school.


I took spanish 1 my sophomore year, and didn't really like it, I was super intimidated by my teacher, and after taking spanish in high school for only 2 years I wasn't that well at it. I passed the class with a D, so I had to retake it, because only Cs and higher transfer. I got the C, and I decided that I was going to CSU. Well, I would have to take 2 more classes of spanish to complete the core requirements, so I decided to take spanish literature in place of spanish, and I would only have to take this one class instead of two. So I did take it my first semester at CSU, and I HATED it! All we did was read these spanish stories(that were translated to english). I ended up failing the class, and after a lot of tears I decided to just retake it as a night class, use all my notes and get it over with! Well, easier said than done. I started taking the class, and I really felt that I couldn't finish the class without failing it again, so I dropped out of it. I was in the middle of planning my wedding, and I really couldn't concentrate enough and focus to finish it.

So, I got married and decided to take the semester off of the spanish literature class and take other classes to get my GPA back up. I finished the semester without the lit class and got all As and one B. Then this spring semester came along, and I decided to see what other classes I could take in place of that one. I really wanted to take French Literature because I heard it was pretty easy, but it didn't fit my schedule, and I was absolutely NOT going to take Spanish Lit because of not wanting to take either one of the teachers I had already had. The only thing left was World literature, so I knew I just had to endure it, and get through it!

This class was really hard, and Professor Brickey was a very challenging teacher. After getting a D on my first test, and a F on my second test, I felt like I was hopeless. Yes, there were MANY MANY MANY tears! I asked Professor Brickey if there was any way I could do some extra credit, and she said I could! PRAISE THE LORD! So I did the 8 page paper, and I got a B! She gave it back to me after I finished my final exam, which I felt really good about too, and I almost peed my pants I was so excited. I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day! So the exciting thing is, I FINALLY got this class out of the way, and I don't have to take it over again.



I am rejoicing so much right now you really have no idea! I have one maymester class which I am really excited about, then the fall semester, and then I will walk across that stage at CSU as a college graduate, and I will celebrate!

Thank you to everyone who was praying for me during this semester, I know all the prayers helped!!!! I'm giving all the glory to God right now, there is no way I could have done it without Him! :)

Plus, now it's summertime, and that's my favorite favorite favorite time of year!

1 comment:

Mandy Santos said...

yay! i so know how you feel girl. oh and french lit is NOT any easier. i took it at csu and it sucked!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...