Friday, March 13, 2009

Baking Treats and Secret Recipes

If any of you know me well, you will know that I love love love to bake things! Here are some of my recent things that I have made for a Bridal shower and Cinderella Day at the Dream Center.


These I call "Pretzel Surprise" They are so tasty! I got this recipe from one my friends a couple of years ago. they didn't have a name, so one of my friends Chelsie from work came up with "Pretzel Surprise". I have made them for holidays, bridal showers, baby showers, and just any parties.

Here is how you do it: You need a bag of Snyder square pretzels, a bag of any color m&ms, and a bag of Wilton candy melts(any color). *Preheat oven to 300 degrees. You lay the pretzels out all over the pan and place the candy melts on top of the pretzels. Put them in the oven for 3-5 minutes until they are slightly melted on the top. Take them out of the oven and IMMEDIATELY place the m&ms on top. You will have to push them down a little bit so the m&m will harden into the candy melt. Let cool for about 15 minutes and enjoy! It's really like a surprise in your mouth of how good they are! Enjoy! :)

Mandy Waters' bridal shower wedding cake cookies!

These are my new cookies that I am making. I have only made them three times, but I am getting really good! Here is the secret recipe!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cream together 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup of sugar.
Blend in 1 medium egg and 1/2 tsp. vanilla.
Sift together and add to mixture: 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 2 cups of sifted flour.
Cut with cookie cutters and bake on lightly greased cookie sheet or baking stone for 8 to 10 minutes. Edges should be VERY light brown.
Glazed Icing:
Blend together 1 cup of confectioner's sugar and 3-4 tsp. water. Add food coloring to get desired color.
**This glazed icing is very runny, so you cannot stack the cookies with icing on them until they are completely dry. I recommend letting the icing dry overnight. (I had to learn this from the first time!)
They make a tasty treat for your guests!
These are just some sugar cookies I made from a package with pink icing for Cinderella Day at the North Charleston Dream Center. Some of them said "Prom 2009" and others said "Cinderella Day". They were all gone really fast, so I guess they were pretty good!

If anyone does use these recipes please comment and let me know how it goes! Happy Baking!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hilary these treats look great! I love baking too; Weird thing is, I had a dream last week that you called me to come over and help you bake for a shower!
haha. Sarah

The Baurs said...

Those pretzel things are amazing! You have inspired me by this mouth watering blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...