Tuesday, January 31, 2012

chosen recap: day two

Hi ladies, I am still soaking in all that I learned from the Chosen women's conference, and I wanted to share a little bit more of some wisdom I am trying to soak in from these wise ladies that poured into me 2 weeks ago. The second day started out with these two crazy ladies doing a little comedy act, and Brittany on the right had a pillow in her backside. hilarious.

Helen Lee was our first speaker of the day and she encouraged us to live out the dreams that the Lord has for us. Helen is the author of the book The Missional Mom, and just being real I haven't finished this book yet, but I am in the middle of reading it. All I can say about this book is: wow, what an encouragement to moms that have all of these hopes and dreams of "going big time", and then they have kids which seem to make us put our dreams on hold. I would highly recommend this book to any mom, especially new moms! :)

In my notes I wrote down that the Lord wants us to focus on His dreams He has for us and not so much our own dreams. How many can relate to that? Just going throughout my day I do things that I want to do, not so much focusing on what the Lord wants me to do.
Helen shared this verse with us:
"This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored,” says the Lord."
Haggai 1:7-8
She left us with a challenge of living out the Lord's dreams for us and encouraged us that "If I'm alive, my mission is not over!" I knew they Lord was speaking to me about what my mission is and living it out for Him!

After the morning session, there were breakouts all over the church, and I attended the breakout with the fabulous Jessi Connolly! She encouraged us to speak life in every area of our lives. In our home, in ministry, through social media, and on our blogs. She encouraged us to ask the Lord throughout the day, "who is louder, me or Him?" That hit me hard, because sometime I go throughout my day and I am not letting the Lord speak louder than me. That is where this encouragement is so good, I am reminded that the Lord is bigger than me, I need to let Him lead me throughout my day! I am trying to apply "speaking life" to my life daily. Thank you Jessi for all your encouragement!
Jessi left us speaking life over us with the scripture Isaiah 61:1
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners."

After the breakout, our missional moms leaders group had the awesome opportunity to take Helen Lee to lunch. We had the best time, and so encouraging to share what the Lord is doing in our lives. I love each and every one of these ladies! If you want to know more about the missional moms community please visit this link! You can also follow updates on twitter! @missionalmoms
It was so beautiful to eat lunch looking on the beach and enjoy this beautiful January day with 70 degree temps! This is myself with Helen Lee. She is such a sweet women of God and was fun to introduce her to shrimp and grits! :) southern hospitality right there!

The last session of the day Lisa Bevere spoke again and she talked to us about being dangerous and awake! She talked about her most recent book Lioness Arising and how to wake up and change the world!
Lisa shared this verse with us:
Numbers 23:24
"The people rise like a lioness; they rouse themselves like a lion that does not rest till he devours his prey and drinks the blood of his victims."

Last but not least, the after party! This picture was taken by one of my friends before it all got started. There was dancing, a photo booth, a candy bar, marshmallow roasting stations to make smores outside, and did I mention dancing?!?!
It really was such a blast! You heard it here first, I'm inviting you to Chosen 2013, January 24-25, mark your calendars, take of work, you are not going to want to miss it! :)

What a hot mess we were at the end of it all. I don't think I left the church until 11:15pm, and there was still people dancing! Can't wait until Chosen 2013! :)
"For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession."
Deuteronomy 7:6

1 comment:

Helen said...

So fun to see your recap! So honored to be included. I felt as though I was reliving some great moments! Hope our paths cross again before too long. Blessings to you and your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...